Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The New Ring Pillow, a Porcelain Ring Dish for Weddings

I have been designing ring dishes. I love the jewelry bowls that I have been making but I was asked to make a ring dish for a wedding. The person had seen the jars and the teapots I make using small animal forms of a fox, and a bird. She requested a teddy bear, well two since it was going to be a ring pillow for her wedding.



Well I decided to make a one with a fox...


and then a platypus...

and then someone contacted me and asked me if I could make a Mr and Mrs Fox ring dish, well I couldn't disappoint her, it was a rush job, but I think it came out okay...


The one thing I learned in this is that, nothing is ever perfect, the Mr. and Mrs. Fox ring dish wobbled so I discounted it. And of all things, I guess rushing, I left out the - for the "F" in Fox when I put the name on the bottom, or it burned out. I am not sure which. But  what I do know is that every firing is learning curve. And check, double check and check again, each item before firing. Then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment