Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Charles LaMonk

I am finished with one of many more to come, this artwork will also be posted for sale on etsy, so stay tuned.

infinity
Twenty years ago I was influenced by an artist named Charles LaMonk. He was very passionate about the Native Americans and particularly the Tarahumara native americans. He did facsimile pictographs and petroglyphs. I just read a quip abot Mr. LaMonk , who is now deceased. It said that a successful artist is usually passionate and excited about what they do. I met Mr LaMonk, and I am finding that he encouraged many people to pursue their art passion, I didn't know how many until I was doing research on him. He was kind, generous, as he taught me his technique free of charge. I feel fortunate to have known him.

No comments:

Post a Comment