Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ceramics, A Lesson in Crazing



                       You can see the cracks in the glaze here. They are subtle.

                                   Looks great here but when you get closer...


The closer you get to the piece the more evident it becomes. I know you are supposed to do a test when you use a glaze that you have never used but I was in a hurry to see the pieces finished. NEVER HURRY!!! Always test untried glazes. This glaze was thin and it still did this. Back to the tried and true clear glaze. Now I have some seconds to give away. Anybody want one or two??
tjCervantesArt

2 comments:

  1. I think they're all still absolutely gorgeous. The cracked look even adds to it a bit in my opinion. At first glance, I thought you purposely did it. They're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, I get so few comments here, I have to do something about that.

      Maybe I am being too critical, but when it cracks like that you can't use it for food. Maybe I should sell as just a decoration?

      Have a wonderful evening!
      Terry

      Delete