Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ceramics, Crazing can be fixed!!

I haven't been here in awhile, but something happened that I have to share. I have been getting what is call crazing on my pottery off and on through my pottery rebirth for the last three years. I was told there was much you could do about it. But when my whole kiln came down with crazing I thought I would look for a solution on the internet.

Lo and behold, one of my favorite potters who is on Etsy had a blog where she discusses just this thing I was having trouble with, Crazing. I talk about it in a previous post, Ceramics, a Lesson in Crazing. Well she had the solution to my problem, fire it again and it will all go away, and it did!!

Before

After

Can you believe it not a crack, anywhere. 

So you ask, what was that potters name? I will even give you the blog where she explained the soluton. She has a lot of good ideas, books to read and solutions with more that just this one. Here is the post on crazing from her blog, Suite One Studio.

I will be trying to post some more interesting things about my art experience, I just had to write this down. This is wonderful to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment